Friday, June 3, 2011

Snack Cake

You know those little snack cakes you can buy in the stores now for about a dollar. I thought I could perfect something like this a lot more economical. Here goes.

Use any kind of cake mix you want!
I used the plastic bowls because I bought some of the cakes.
I also tried it using my corningware cereal bowl(not the large ones).
I have used all different kinds of cake mixes.
The only thing I found different is when I made a pineapple-upsidedown cake, I had to use two bowls otherwise they can be mixed and baked in 1 bowl.

1/2 cup of cake mix
1 tablespoon of water
2 teaspoons of oil
2 teaspoons of egg-beaters
Mix together in the bowl
Cook for 46 seconds in microwave (power of microwave may effect the cooking time)

For the pinapple upsidedown cake you have to cook the butter and brownsugar in the final cooking bowl for 30 seconds, then you add the pineapple and the cake mix as per the instructions above, and cook for about 90 seconds.

I have added nuts, raisins, fruit and many more things to different varieties of cakes
I use the sugar-free or lower sugar items when I can

No comments:

Post a Comment